[North Charleston, SC—January 23] In celebration of Black History Month, a dozen-plus Lowcountry chefs will join on Sunday, February 5 for a “Taste of Gullah Geechee” at IBA Event Venue in North Charleston. Hosted by Carolima’s Lowcountry Cuisine, a “Taste of Gullah Geechee” will be a culinary showcase of sweet and savory dishes—all inspired by the Gullah Geechee culture.
“This event is not only inspired by [our] love for the culture, but how the African diaspora has influenced the way we prepare food in the Gullah Geechee corridor,” said Emma M. Cromedy, Carolima’s Executive Pastry Chef, who will be leading the culinary showcase alongside her sister Sameka Jenkins (Executive Chef).
The “Taste of Gullah Geechee” will feature live entertainment with DJ Trip, hand-crafted cocktails, and sample size tastings of authentic cuisine and desserts. Cromedy says, behind each signature dish, are stories passed on from family traditions and the history of the African heritage to also be told by partnering chefs through culinary cuisine. The chef friends of Carolima’s are:
- Faith Alston Elegant Treats Bakery LLC
- Antionette Herriott-Coaxum Lew’s Heavenly Treats LLC
- Victor Colbert Cast Iron Food Truck and Catering
- Kym Freeman Party Thyme Catering
- Rashaunda Grant Carolina Cookery
- Chakeria Ravenel Heyward CKBakes4U
- Rhonda King Second Helping Catering 2
- April Mazyck, Buckshot’s Restaurant LLC
- Daryl McFadden, Mr. McNificent’s Food & Beverage
- Alexis Mungin, Farrah’s Backyard Catering
- Kim Peterson, Chanel’s Gullah Cuisine Kitchen & Catering
- Malisha Riley, Lil Peace of Heaven Quality Catering Services
- Elaina Ruth, Oh, This is Food! (OTIF)
Tickets for a “Taste of Gullah Geechee” can be purchased now through Thursday, February 2 at www.carolimas.com. Tickets will not be sold at the door. IBA Event Venue is located at 7910 Dorchester Road North Charleston, SC 29418.
About Carolima’s Lowcountry Cuisine
Carolima’s offers an authentic Gullah Geechee and Lowcountry Menu for any special occasion from wedding receptions to corporate events and birthday parties. In addition to their made from scratch dishes, custom cakes and southern desserts are made by Carolima’s Dessert Boutique.